Thursday, January 24, 2013
Actual Movie Reviews
I normally don't consider most of the posts on this blog to be actual movie reviews. The purpose of a review is to give the reader a sense of what the experience of a movie is like so that the reader can decide whether or not to see the picture in question. These posts are more like rambling, nerdy essays where I obsess over one or more particular details or themes of a movie, and they rarely make any sense if you haven't seen it.
But now I've finally written some movie reviews! Here are links to two reviews that I've written for The Beaver, the student newspaper of the London School of Economics.
The first is a review of a re-release of Lawrence of Arabia from last November:
http://issuu.com/readbeaveronline/docs/778/15
The second is a more recent review of The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, essentially a shorter and probably better version of the post about it that I wrote on this blog.
http://issuu.com/readbeaveronline/docs/782/21
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment